This amplifier is much more than simply a tube circuit placed in front of a class D output section. Rogue’s proprietary tubeD circuit topology actually integrates the tube section into the amplifier yielding the smooth natural sound that only a tube amp can provide. With almost uncanny accuracy the Medusa delivers stunning dynamics and transparency without any of the edgy, etched or grainy sound that often accompanies solid state designs.
A low power standby mode allows critical amplifier sections to remain continuously powered on if desired and a slow start feature allows the tubes to warm up gradually to eliminate turn-on noise and greatly extend tube life. Three massive linear power supplies are used to power the amplifier circuitry and ultra-high quality parts are used exclusively throughout the design.
Combined with a stunning appearance, you can be certain that you are investing in an amplifier that truly represents the very leading edge of audio technology.
- Large high performance torodal transformers
- Massive linear power supplies
- Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) inputs
- Heavy-duty gold plated binding posts
- Two 12AU7 tube complement
- Short circuit protection
- Standby circuitry for solid state components
- Slow start circuit for extended tube life
- Machined aluminium faceplate
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- All precision components
- Fully tested, burned in, and auditioned
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
- 5 year limited warranty (6 months on valves)
- Output power: 200/400 WPC 8/4 Ohms
- Input impedance: 200K Ohms
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 20KHz ± 1dB
- THD: <0.1% typ., <1.0% at rated power
- Input sensitivity: 1.0V RMS
- Dimensions (WDH): 464x356x140mm
- Weight: Medusa 17.2 Kg