This amplifier is much more than simply a tube circuit placed in front of a class D output section. Rogue’s proprietary tubeD circuit topology actually integrates the tube section into the amplifier yielding the smooth natural sound that only a tube amp can provide. With almost uncanny accuracy the Hydra and Medusa deliver stunning dynamics and transparency without any of the edgy, etched or grainy sound that often accompanies solid state designs.
A low power standby mode allows critical amplifier sections to remain continuously powered on if desired and a slow start feature allows the tubes to warm up gradually to eliminate turn-on noise and greatly extend tube life. Three massive linear power supplies are used to power the amplifier circuitry and ultra-high quality parts are used exclusively throughout the design.
Combined with a stunning appearance, you can be certain that you are investing in an amplifier that truly represents the very leading edge of audio technology.
- Large high performance torodal transformers
- Massive linear power supplies
- Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) inputs
- Heavy-duty gold plated binding posts
- Two 12AU7 tube complement
- Short circuit protection
- Standby circuitry for solid state components
- Slow start circuit for extended tube life
- Machined aluminium faceplate
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- All precision components
- Fully tested, burned in, and auditioned
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
- 5 year limited warranty (6 months on valves)
- Output power: 100/200 WPC 8/4 Ohms
- Input impedance: 200K Ohms
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 20KHz ± 1dB
- THD: <0.1% typ., <1.0% at rated power
- Input sensitivity: 1.0V RMS
- Dimensions (WDH): 457x381x140mm
- Weight: 15.5 Kg