The Gram Amp 2 Special Edition phono stage was first launched in 2001 with a number of improvements over its legendary stable mate, the Gram Amp 2 which is now called the Communicator.
Since then its design – both in audio performance and appearance – has been refined a number of times.
For such a low-cost, small and lightweight phono preamp, it has proved itself capable of delivering a blistering musical rendition.
- Input range: 2mV – 10mV rms
- Output range (for above inputs): 224mV to 1120mV rms
- Gain: 41dB (Av 112) ref 1kHz
- Phase margin: 90 degrees
- Maximum input level: 41mV (ref: 1 kHz)
- Input impedance resistive: 47k Ohms
- Input impedance capacitive: 100pF
- Output noise: (CCIR Q-Pk 22Hz-22 kHz) -74dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: (EIN) -115dB
- Reproduction characteristic: RIAA within 0.5dB total deviation 20Hz-20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise measured at 80Hz, 1kHz, 5.6 kHz and 16 kHz: <0.05% (typically <0.015% at 1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 0.1dB
- Channel separation: 64dB