Meridian 218 Sooloos Zone Controller
FREE UK DELIVERY
- Endpoint for the award-winning Sooloos music management platform for a user-friendly Hi-Res audio experience.
- Featuring a built-in MQA decoder, the Meridian 218 fully supports Master Quality Authenticated encoded music playback, guaranteeing a studio master quality experience.
- Housed in a half width, 1u tall enclosure and available with an optional rack mount kit [pictured], the 218 has multiple installation applications.
- IP Control allows for seamless integration and flexibility within the home. Also includes both digital and analogue inputs and outputs.
Designed for use in in-room or in-rack, the 218 Zone Controller contains the functionality needed to create a Hi-Res audio zone. Accommodating both local and distributed audio, whether analogue or digital, the Meridian 218 is also an endpoint for our award-winning Sooloos music management platform. With both digital and analogue inputs and outputs, the MQA–enabled Meridian 218 is suitable for a wide range of distributed audio applications from single zone to multi-zone use. Control features including IP and IR, allow this versatile 1U tall product to be easily partnered with any of Meridian’s power amplifiers or DSP loudspeakers.
A significant number of control options are provided on the Meridian 218 Zone Controller, including IP control, Meridian Sooloos Control, IR and Digital Active Loudspeaker control.
In addition, the unit’s front panel features multiple LEDs to indicate source selection, including one that signals MQA playback. Configuration via web browser is also available.
Lip Sync: Video processing typically delays the picture. As sound travels slower than light, the effect of the sound arriving before the picture is highly noticeable. For installations where the audio and video are separated before video processing, the Meridian 218 has an adjustable audio delay to realign the audio with the video.
Fifo Reclocking: Clock variations, known as jitter, are one of the main causes of unpleasant “glare” in digital audio systems. The Meridian 218 solves this problem with a proprietary jitter reduction technique using a FIFO (first-in first-out) buffer that allows an independent output clock to deliver clock performance that does not rely upon on the incoming signal quality.
DSP Upsampling And Apodising Filters: Almost all audio has been digitally processed, even if it arrives at the Meridian 218 in analogue form. Upsampling allows the Meridian 218’s DACs to run at a higher sample rate and achieve their full potential. Upsampling also provides the opportunity to apply apodising correction to ameliorate time-domain errors that have been introduced to the signal by the ADCs or other upstream processing.
MQA: Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download.
Features a compact, powder coated aluminium enclosure for magnetic linearity and an eight layer, single circuit board that maintains signal integrity and analogue audio performance.
- 2 Speakerlink digital outputs
- Single RCA digital output
- 2-Channel unbalanced analogue output (192kHz DAC)
- One 2-channel digital coaxial S/PDIF input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
- One 2-channel Meridian Speakerlink input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
- One 2-channel digital optical TOSLINK input. 44.1kHz to 96kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
- One 2-channel analogue input
- One network input (Ethernet) for connection to Meridian Sooloos or alternative control interface
- IP Control: RJ45 connector
- IR on 3.5mm jack
- 12V trigger on 3.5mm jack
- LEDs to indicate source selection and MQA status
- High performance power supply: 100V ac 50/60 Hz | 110-120V ac 50/60Hz | 220-240V ac 50/60Hz
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (HWD): 42 x 204 x 150mm (1.65 x 8.03 x 5.91in)
- Weight: 0.56Kg (1.2lbs)